Disclaimer: The article below contains financial promotion. We at investingintheweb.com will be paid a referral fee if you open an account and deposit funds through some of the links on this page.
Founded in 2020, Lightyear is a relatively new online broker that has attracted funding from high-profile angel investors, including Richard Branson’s Virgin Group. Offering investors access to assets spanning US, EU, and UK stocks, ETFs, and money market funds, Lightyear aims to provide an easy-to-use service with a competitive fee structure.
If you’re an investor in any of Lightyear-supported countries and you are interested in opening a Lightyear account, simply follow this link. Once on the Lightyear website, you can sign up on the mobile app, deposit £/€50 and enter the following promo code: INVESTINGINTHEWEB.
Creating a Lightyear account using our promo code and depositing at least £/€50 means you’ll get 10 trades for free! T&Cs apply. Capital at risk.
Does this sound appealing to you? Are you curious to find out more about how the Lightyear promo code offer works? Keep reading for more information about how you can get 10 free trades with Lightyear today!
Lightyear Promo Code Terms
|💰 Sign Up Bonus||10 free trades|
|🤝🏿 Condition||Sign up and deposit at least €/£50|
|🔗 Referral Link||Lightyear website|
|🏆 Promo Code||INVESTINGINTHEWEB|
|🌐 Available in||All countries where Lightyear operates|
Other Free Stock Promotions
If you’re interested in other platforms with promotional offers for free stocks and shares, here are some brokers you could consider:
|Trading 212||1 share worth up to £/€100||Fund your account with at least £/€10|
|Webull||Up to 2 fractional shares||Deposit any amount, finish one course and earn 1 share; finish one trade within 30 days and get 1 more share.|
|Stake||1 share worth up to $150||Deposit $50 within 24 hours of account opening|
|Wealthyhood||Free ETF share worth up to £200||Open an account and invest within 7 days|
|Interactive Brokers||Up to $1,000 of free IBKR stock||Per each $100 deposit, you get $1 worth of IBKR stock|
|Interactive Investor||£200 referral bonus||Open an account and refer friends who deposit £10,000|
|Freetrade||1 share worth up to £15||Open an account and deposit at least £50|
|InvestEngine||£25 Welcome Bonus||Open an account and invest at least £100|
Using the Lightyear Promo Code
The Lightyear promo code offer is pretty straightforward to use. Simply follow our step-by-step guide outlining how to get your 10 free trades now:
- Visit Lightyear’s website here and click on ‘sign up’.
- Download the Lightyear mobile app;
- Sign up to the company’s platform;
- Deposit at least €/£50;
- Once you have funded your account, you can enter the following promo code in the ‘Promotions’ section of the app: INVESTINGINTHEWEB;
- Take advantage of your 10 free trades.
Lightyear typically charges trading fees for investors who use its platform. These include 0.1%, up to $1 max per order for US stocks, £1 per order for UK shares, and €1 per order for EU shares. So, by using our Lightyear promo code, you can avoid incurring these fees for your first 10 trades on the platform. Other fees may apply.
For more details on the Lightyear promo code offering, please visit the broker’s help page.
Lightyear Pros and Cons
Any time you sign up with an online broker, you’re forming a financial relationship with a service provider. It’s important to consider the pros and cons of doing so before you get started. When it comes to Lightyear, we’ve outlined some of the pros and cons you should consider below.
Some of the biggest benefits of using Lightyear include:
- Access to a wide range of investments, including over 3,000 US shares as well as UK shares, EU shares, ETFs, and money market funds.
- Lightyear allows fractional share trading on US stocks.
- Free multi-currency account.
- Investors can earn interest on uninvested cash: 4.5% rate for GBP, 3.25% for EUR, and 4.5% for USD (as of 23/10/2023).
- Investing in ETFs is free of Lightyear execution fees and competitive trading fees for individual stocks (other fees may apply).
- No inactivity, custody, or withdrawal fees.
- Transparent additional fee structure, including a 0.35% FX conversion fee and a 0.50% fee for fast card deposits after reaching the free allowance.
- Easy-to-use mobile app and innovative mobile trading platform.
- Lightyear Financial Ltd is an appointed representative of RiskSave Technologies Ltd in the UK, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Regulated and supervised in the EU by the EFSA.
- Highly rated on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
Although there are plenty of reasons to consider signing up for Lightyear, there are also a few drawbacks. The most important to consider include:
- At the moment, Lightyear does not offer some instruments, like options, bonds, commodities, or futures.
- Lightyear does not offer a Stocks & Shares ISA.
The Lightyear promo code offer that gives you 10 free trades is a great way to get introduced to the stock trading app. You may also wish to consider signing up for the other free stock promotions mentioned above.
Are you ready to sign up for Lightyear? It’s simple! All you need to do is visit Lightyear’s website here and sign up with the company via the broker’s mobile app. After that, you’ll need to deposit €/£50 and then enter the referral code “INVESTINGINTHEWEB” on the app. Once you have followed these steps, you can enjoy your 10 free trades!
Disclaimer: Capital at risk. The provider of investment services is Lightyear Financial Ltd for the UK and Lightyear Europe AS for the EU. Terms apply: lightyear.com/terms. Seek qualified advice if necessary.